Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2018

Softball Reflection

Woohoo!! Yesterday on Thursday we went to the May Road War Memorial Park.
We went to an all girls softball tournament with two year 6 girls Charlee and Tiana.
We were so lucky that it was a good day. It was meant to be raining but it ended up being 
sunny and hot. There were also boys from Wesley Intermediate that was counting all of our
points. I had a feeling that it was going to rain, but it didn't luckily. It was an amazing day to 
spend out of school and to do sports. We went in a nine seater van. We saw so many 
schools when we arrived. It was quite a muggy Thursday morning but later on in the day it 
started getting really hot and I could smell people’s sweat. In the morning when we arrived at 
the softball tournament, we got all our gear out of the van and started walking. As we were
walking the grass was so wet like a big puddle that it got into my shoes.  


The girls that attended this tournament was Charlee, Tiana, Havana, Meron, Ferah, Karla,
Melianna, A.J, Sayonara, and myself. When we arrived at the competition we went to find a
spot and then we started practising passing, catching and hitting the ball. After all that we
started our game. Our first game was against Ponsonby Intermediate. The scores were 7
to them and 4 to us, so we lost but at the end of the day it’s just a game and everyone's a winner.
There was eight of us girls plus the two year 6 girls. We also had a draw with St Joseph's
Onehunga School and that was our second game of the day. After our second
game we had a little break for only about 5 minutes. I think it goes for every time we
finished a game.


Our third game was against Mt Roskill Intermediate the scores were 6 to C.T.K and
7 to Mt Roskill, so it was a really close game and anyone could have won. So far we
had lost 2 games and drew 1 game. Our pitchers were Charlee and Havana. Ferah
also had a go at pitching the ball and overall I think that our 2 main pitchers did good
and also Ferah did good for her first try at pitching the ball. Overall I think it was an
amazing time at my first softball tournament and I really enjoyed playing and having
fun with my peers. I am definitely going to start playing softball in my spare time !!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.